With it’s unique splined core XTREME delivers unparalleled smoothness and efficiency – with hardly any lost motion – even in the longest and most complex cable routings. This gives superior feel at the control, performance that until now was considered ‘impossible’.
Traditional cables vary by the stiffness of the core wire and how tightly it fits in the casing. Thus the classic trade-offs that have existed in control cable design: Stiffer core/tighter fit offers less lost motion, but is harder to move. With longer and more complex runs, cable movement becomes progressively more difficult.
More flexible core/looser fit has an easier feel, but allows more lost motion. This approach leads to an overall sloppy feel, RPM loss or difficult gear engagement.
These trade-offs aren’t an issue for cables with XTREME technology because they are different — really different!
SeaStar Solutions®’s unique XTREME technology incorporates a patented splined core. Ridges on the core allow a close fit with the cable’s inner liner, but with minimum contact, so the core glides back and forth smoothly like a skater on ice.
RESULT: a control cable with easy movement AND minimum lost motion.
• XTREME’s unique design incorporates a patent-pending splined core which allows easy movement and minimum lost motion
• Designed for complex and/or long cable runs (or to simply create a superior feel)
• Available in several style options avoiding the need for adaptor kits
• All XTREME cables are available in 1ft increments
• Gen II type suits Mercury 4000 series controls