These power steering cylinders use the ship’s engine(s) to provide the “power” for the steering system, via an engine or electric motor driven hydraulic pump. Features effortless steering from docking to top speed.
SeaStar Power Steering provides super responsive automotive style steering performance for todays’ large motor yachts. The SeaStar DC Power Steering Unit is the heart of the system providing reliable and economical hydraulic flow to the steering cylinder whenever the wheel is turned. Whether docking or cruising at high speed, the system will deliver 100% power regardless of engine speed.
SeaStar’s superior design and selection of materials, precision manufacturing and rigid quality control all add up to an outstanding robust and versatile system for all large boat applications.
• Highly responsive, effortless steering performance at all speeds
• Low number of turns lock to lock (based on helm selection)
• Few components to spec and install
• Semi-Auto purge feature
• Suitable for multi-station applications
• Integrated autopilot pump
• Suitable for use with most SeaStar helms (including tilt versions)
• Automatic manual back up system